Thursday, November 13, 2008

Growing up too fast

I was on my way somewhere the other day - I don't remember where, only that I was running around like crazy all day - when I saw one of our local emu families walking down the road. I hadn't seen them out and about for a couple of weeks, probably more to do with my not being out and about than with their schedules, so I was excited to catch up with them. The babies are growing so fast that when I first drove by them I thought they had already outgrown their spots and stripes!

I zipped home, grabbed a camera and ran down the street to try to catch them.

They were clearly on an emu mission so didn't stop and would not let me get in front of them, but I was able to get a couple of nice shots of the three almost teenagers as they walked past Mate the dog who was very disappointed to be stuck behind his fence! They still have some markings, but they are fading fast.




I guess they could safely ignore the sign since they were just cruising through!

No comments: