Saturday, November 29, 2008

A long, long month

I personally will be very happy to see the back end of November.  It's been one of the craziest, most stressful months I've ever had and things don't really seem to be getting better!  I'm sure December will see a return to something resembling normalcy, so I'm glad there are only 2 more days to go!

Dave is still in Perth but has plans to drive home Tuesday.  He was going to drive home tomorrow, but Toyota screwed up fixing the car so now he has to wait until Monday so they can undo the bad things and actually fix what it went in there for.  Frustrating to say the least.  On the upside, he does get to go out tomorrow diving for abalone so it's not all bad news.

I'm not going to get out diving this weekend or in the foreseeable future because I have started working in the dive centre every day.  We have reduced our staff because we aren't consistently busy so I'm doing a lot more hands on each day.  It's been a nice change to get back into some face time with our clients - nice to put faces to emails!  I might be able to sneak out for a morning dive one day once Dave gets back, but we'll just have to see how busy we are in the lead up to school holidays and Christmas.

As I usually have to be at the shop just after 7am, the Girls and I have been missing out on our early morning walks for the past few days. With stupid daylight savings, it's still too hot after work to head out until it's too late at night for me to be that active! We did manage to get out before the sun was up one day and were treated to a wonderful sunrise over low tide



The Girls love low tide. Dora in particular loves to stalk the small fishes in the shallows and explore the tide pools; Til just loves to run as fast as she can over the smooth sand





I've been feeling a little guilty for not being able to spend as much time as I'd like with them so caved and put a small (relatively!) dog mat in my office. Usually it's MatildaLily who comes in and snoozes while I work (Dora prefers our bed most days), but sometimes both will come in and share a sweet moment of quiet

No comments: