Friday, April 17, 2009

Hellllloooooooo...I'm here!

Wow, I can't believe that April is flying by at such a pace!  I've been bad at keeping in touch with friends and family, so I do apologise.  I hope now that we are over the crazy Easter weekend period I'll have at least a few minutes every few days to update what's going on down here.

As pathetic as it sounds, I really don't have much news at all. I've been in the dive shop from well before sunup to sundown every day since Easter Saturday (has that really only been seven days??!!) so haven't gone to the beach, taken any photos for fun or done much of anything except go home and collapse. I did finally get a load of laundry done last night - whooppeee, what an exciting life I lead!

The dive shop has been busy and the diving conditions have been absolutely fabulous. The whale sharks have been cooperative and we've been having just an awesome season so far. I've been a bit grumpy about not being able to get out to enjoy the crystal blue waters and incredible marine action lately, but know that I'll get a chance eventually. Gotta work first!

I have been trying to be good about keeping our new Exmouth Dive Blog updated with reports from our tours. We are getting some great feedback on it, so I think it's worth the effort. I've also finally gotten a couple of Meet the Team posts up there so hope to finish those this week - if my crew get their photos to me!

I haven't even had a chance to process many of the photos I managed to take on Good Friday's dives! Here's the only two that I've even glanced at. This is Mary behind one of the massive walls of baitfish that covered our first site.


The dives were awesome with excellent visibility and so many fish it was nuts. There was also a massive turtle - easily as big as I was - just cruising along on business of his own. I was very happy to get out for the morning but it was a little bittersweet since I knew what I was missing for the rest of the weekend!

I also shot another wedding on the 11th here in Exmouth. It was a really lovely wedding right down on the grassy area at Town Beach. Since the wedding I haven't been in my office at all so haven't processed those yet either! This week I'll get to all of my backlog ... just in time to shoot another wedding on the 26th!

We didn't get to do anything for Dave's birthday (April 11) since we were both working and I had the wedding on that evening. He did take the Girls out for a beach fish but overall it was about as much of a non-event as my birthday was in March.

You can see some photos from a couple of my recent shoots over on my KJA Photos Blog. No weddings up yet, but they are coming soon! I have one more family shoot coming up in the near future, then things get pretty quite on the photography front for a little bit.

This weekend I think I might get a little respite from manning the dive shop all by myself but it depends on how crazy busy the boats get. So far it's a possibility so I'm crossing my fingers!

No comments: