Monday, October 5, 2009

Beach walkin'!

Finally!  Light wind, early daylight, no hustling to work early.  The Girls and I hit the beach just before the sun rose this morning and it was so great to be out there again.  We were a little later than I'd like to be, but at least we finally had a morning suitable for a big romp.

I tried to get a shot of Dora & Tilly sitting pretty, but they were most uncooperative. What a shocker. And Til gave me about 7 seconds before deciding that was enough cooperation altogether. Once again Cesar would have a cow.

It may appear that Ms D has, ahem, put on a few pounds. I'm thinking the camera isn't lying as when I hoisted her posterior into the car my back screamed in protest. (Why is it that she is perfectly capable of getting all the way in when we GO to the beach, but coming home can only hoik that front half up? Cesar would have a whole HERD of cows with our family.)

Today Dave loaded up SeaZone to take her to Perth for the summer season. He'll be gone about a week or so, we think. So I'm on my own again. Seems like I've been on my own a lot this year, but that's just how things go. Happily I have a ton of stuff this week to keep me occupied so I'm sure the time will fly!

I had a very busy weekend to ease me into a crazy week. Shot a lovely wedding on Saturday and you can see a sneak peek of one of the fun shots I got of the bride & groom over at my Exmouth photography blog. You'll also see the damage I did myself. Looks like I'll be shopping for a total coverage shirt in the very near future!

Sunday Dave ended up having to go out on the dive boat...as a GUIDE! LOL He hasn't had to guide divers in, oh, I don't know, ten years? And there's a funny story:

When we discovered that one of us needed to go, he suggested we flip a coin and hauled out a $2 coin for the task. He said "you call it". I declined and told him it was his coin & idea, he could call it. "Tails!" says he.

Flip.

It's heads.

But wait. There's more. I start to walk into the dive shop and he pulls me back.

"You won't believe this," he says. "I knew it and I forgot and called "tails". It's a two headed coin!!"

ROFL - he was going to cheat but he mucked it up, how totally sweet is that?!?

2 comments:

KarenW said...

LOL. I'd call that "poetic justice" hehehehe

Polly said...

hehe that will teach him!!