Thursday, December 18, 2008

Aimless ramble

Christmas is fast approaching and Dave and I are getting ready for the post Christmas rush that usually comes at the dive shop.  Things are pretty quiet until just before the big day, but then we look to be pretty busy into the New Year.  

We aren't planning anything for this Christmas.  We aren't even decorating or putting up a stocking.  We are going to simply enjoy the one day with no demands on our time, no tasks to complete and no phones a'ringing!  I'm hoping to get out for a couple of dives and though it is still a week away, am looking forward to that a lot!  Our Thanksgiving turkey is still sitting in the butcher's freezer so I guess we'll cook that up and eat leftovers for a few days...works for me.

I don't have much news to report so will simply add a few photos of some emus that were taking advantage of the perpetual puddle in front of the dive shop the other day.  The baby started out under dad, but then got a little more adventurous.

The bub was fascinated by his reflection; dad looked confused at the wind fluffing his feathers up

It's hard to wash your face without hands! Dad's really getting a bit paranoid about that feather fluffing...

Dad, it's so embarrassing when you do that in public

I just can't watch

What's that noise?! What's over there?! I'm not scared!

And then the little one ran into the bushes. Dad relaxed in the bath

It's been a while since I posted anything about the puppies, but they are still doing fine. We had a great time at the beach the other day and I even got some photos of me with them...kind of!






Sometimes I find the funniest things online...and icanhascheezburger is one of those sites that always has something good - make sure you have some time as it's addictive!
funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

funny pictures of cats with captions
more animals

No comments: