Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thinking out loud Thursday #4

The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
Several of you mentioned that the cool tv show I brought up in last week's TOLT post was first a series of books by Alexander McCall Smith. My bad, I meant to add that in here and just simply forgot. I still haven't read them, but they are on my list! Just clickity click the book below to see the list on Amazon, should you be so inclined.


More dangerous Australian animals
Because it's not enough that scary, ugly things in Australia will kill you, Nature gives you The Deadly Platypus

But OMG don't you want to just snuggle those little guys anyway? That silky looking fur - squee! Those cutie patootie little heads, especially the squooshy wrinkly one - double squee! Those itsy bitsy feet - squee to infinity! Grab an epi-pen and damn the danger, I say!

Doing your part to give back?
Cake Wrecks has just thing to celebrate

Makes you feel all warm & fuzzy inside, no?

Australia Day 2010
Well, I worked at the dive shop all day so of course my celebrations were pretty low key, especially with Dave away in Perth. But I had many friends lament that it was just a bit of a non-event day, really. I've never quite acclimatized myself to Australia Day. For me, and for many if I'm to believe what people tell me, it just doesn't have much ooomph.

It's a day off and what's not to love about that? Especially when it lands on a Tuesday so you get a four day weekend instead of just a lousy three day weekend. Did I mention that I was working today?

Lots of people get together, have bbqs, drink a bit, head to the beach, enjoy the company of friends -all wonderful things. All great ways to spend a day. But, I dunno. It lacks some sense of occasion, or ceremony, or, well, something.

But at least this guy was trying to promote that Aussie Day spirit


Secrets

Shhhh! I have a secret!

Normally, I'm not a fan of secrets. I find they usually end up with hurt feelings or some mis-communication or just plain nah nah nahness. Secrets, on the whole, have a way of getting out of hand and biting one on the butt.

But this isn't one of those kind of secrets. Well, it shouldn't be. This isn't a closely held secret either. Quite a few of you guys know it. Part of a good secret for me is being able to share it with those I know who will be all "YEAH! That is an awesome secret!! Wooohooo!"

I'd like to shout from the rooftops about it, but, of course, if one openly shares a secret, it's not really a secret so much as an announcement, right?

So, for now, I'll revel in the fun and camaraderie that comes from sharing something so totally awesome with people who make me happy. If you are one of those people, come over here and let me whisper my super cool secret in your ear...

I have another secret!
Only a very few people know about this one - even fewer than the other one I have.

This is also an exception to my dislike of secrets. This one is going to put a big smile on someone's face in the near future and I can't wait to let the cat out of the bag!

No, I don't try to put Harry in a bag, but this post needs more photos and he's saying Oooo, delicious secrets!!


When I Win Lotto #1

I will have clean sheets every night.

Yes, yes. I know I could actually do this now, before the Big Win, but I know myself well enough to know that I am not going to ever love doing the kind of laundry time having fresh sheets every day would entail. Pretty sure the Hubster isn't going to volunteer either. The only way this is going to happen is with a lovely housekeeping staff.

Remember, one must only set realistic goals in one's life!

Promises, promises
I know you've heard it all before but I truly promise that some cool stuff and far more newsy posts are coming soon. I'm having some technical glitches that are pushing my timetables back a little bit, but [cross fingers here] I am hoping to end January with a big treat and start February off with super coolness!

1 comment:

Gilsner said...

lol, you are the sole reason why I look forward to Thursdays. Love it when you think out loud!

Secrets, eh?!? You're such a tease ;)