Thursday, March 13, 2008

Belated Happy Birthday to me!

I had a very quiet birthday again this year. Both Dave and I had to work most of the day so we didn't have a big celebration. We did get to head out to the beach with the girls first thing in the morning for a lovely walk along the beach. We were trying to tire Tilly out a little bit as she had her last vaccination yesterday; yes, you probably did hear her screaming in her best B-movie horror flick victim manner...she is such a Drama Queen. This is her near the end of the walk...the best laid plans and all that!

We did a little practice walking on the dual lead but of course Dora and Tilly were more interested in playing than learning! Dora was pretty patient but eventually Til was just too annoying and needed a talking to

Of course, it doesn't sink in very quickly so Dora just stood patiently before we unhooked them.

I did get some of the coolest gifties this year - people really did a great job of shopping! Mom sent a Stanford hoody in preparation for the upcoming winter on the beach and boat. Ross & Mary gave me an excellent, comprehensive book on nudibranchs. Dad sent my childhood favourite, Babykins by Richard Scary. That has to be one of the coolest things ever - I can just look at the cover and remember him reading it while I giggled uncontrollably!

Dave made me the most scrumptious dinner and we cracked open a bottle of champagne so it was a lovely, low key way to end the day!

No comments: