Friday, September 26, 2008

A break from the clean up

The shed clean up continues, but the progress isn't as dramatic as on the first day so I haven't been very good about recording this adventure.  We are set to have a big yard sale on Sunday and for sure there will be photos of this huge event.  Dave's putting on a sausage sizzle.

I got another chance with the new emu family the other day.  The dad was more relaxed with me for the most part but I was glad I had a longer lens on anyway.






I actually got to hit the water for the first time since I've been back in Australia. It was a glorious day out with flat seas, blue skies and humpback whales everywhere. We had to stop the boat on the way to the dive site as several humpies decided to change course and swam leisurely straight in front of us! Underwater was tough shooting - lots of surge which was very surprising as there was little swell and tons of floating sand. Focus was nearly impossible in places so I didn't shoot very many frames, but I certainly enjoyed my time! The nudibranchs are out in force again and I found 7 species in only a few meters of reef...and there was an 8th hiding that I didn't see until I downloaded my photos!

I also found a species that I haven't seen here before, so that's always a treat! I'm not 100% sure on the ID, but I think he's a Noumea flava He was flipping from one bit of weed to another as the weed rolled along the sandy bottom. He was about 3mm long and a total pain in the patootie to shoot, but I got a few good frames!
Hypselodoris malucosa checking out an urchin

he decided that it was too prickly so he decided to go around, only to find a big ditch to cross




The Girls have been running amok inside lately. I love to watch them play, though it gets a little annoying after a while coz they are so loud and have no sense of personal space!








OK, I have to put this link out there again ... Cake Wrecks is just so flippin' funny, you have to check out it out now and again!

No comments: