Saturday, May 30, 2009

Beachy Saturday

Dave and I went out to a friend's birthday party last night for a few hours and it was nice to get out and spend some time with friends that we don't seem to get to see very often. It was a glorious night - beautiful clear skies & not too cold (even for me!) Roz and Rollo put on a fabulous spread...I think they had every kind of dead animal possible on the grill and it was all delicious.

Got up early early today, checked in on things at the dive centre but no one was there yet so headed to the beach with the Girls.  It was a crazy sunrise with the light turning from cool blue, to purple, to bright pink, then yellow, to brilliant orange and finally to a super saturated golden-orangey colour.  All in the space of the 30 minutes we were walking.  I love going to the beach as the sun comes up.





Tilly is so good at the end of our walks. She hops right in the back of the car and waits for Dora to amble over to join her.

Shame that good behaviour doesn't extend to getting home. Again today she jumped out of the car and ran down the street instead of heading to the house. Little cow. I didn't even bother to go look for her this time, trusting that she'd wander back to the house. And she did, about 10 minutes later.

I thought seriously about heading out on the boat this morning for a couple of dives, but we got home a little late from the beach and then Til did her runner so I didn't get organized in time. Oh well, maybe Monday, right? I have a lot to do anyway, so hopefully I can get it all finished this weekend and free up some mornings next week. Cross fingers here!

No comments: