Sunday, May 31, 2009

Saturday night on the town

Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but Dave and I did find some time to jump in the newly returned beach buggy and head up to the Lighthouse to watch the sunset. We lucked out and had a beautiful warm late arvo - I didn't even need the jumper and big blanket I brought along to get out there!

We didn't take a whole lot of photos but will next time - tonight we just kinda played around and drank a little bevvie, ate a little snack.


I love how shiny our car is, everything reflects! And the ever changing colours are just too cool. Amazing to watch this car go from purple to blue to green to gold.



Look, you can even see us!

There's a little quirk (ok, more than one, but only one we'll talk about here right now) with this car...the pedals are so close together, Dave has to take off one of his shoes to drive it as his shoe is too wide and hits the other pedal!

The ride back was a wee bit chillier so I'm glad I had thrown my warm layer AND one of our big fuzzy blankets in. I am such a wuss. But I was warm and comfy.

We got back to the house and had just started to eat dinner when our family arrived after a long drive from Perth. It's awesome to see Ry, Kel and the bub and we're both looking forward to spending some time with them during their short stay in Exmouth.

I got up early again this morning, took the cameras to the dive shop & checked on things, then headed to the beach with the dogs. It was a stunner of a morning and all three of us had a great time. I don't think I've actually run that much in years LOL

There were tons of roos out and about both on the drive to and from the beach. I actually hit a small one right before we got to the beach - stupid animal. Thankfully for both of us, I was crawling along at barely 20km/h so did no damage to the car and Hoppy shook it off and boinged into the bush. On the way back out, there were more kangaroos including several just standing by the side of the road, waiting to jump into the side of my car. Happily they all chose the correct direction this time!


One of them then took up a watching position under a bit of bush further back.

I just know he's waiting for me to drive by again...

No comments: